SPF has excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates including, BUR, clay and concrete tile, shingles, metal, wood and concrete. Since they add little weight and can be applied in varying thickness to add slope and fill in low areas. SPF roofing systems are often used as recover system over existing roof coverings.
SPF roofing systems excel where:
- Additional insulation is desired.
- The roof substrate has many penetrations;
- The roof deck is an unusual shape or configuration;
- The roof is in a severe weather environment, (hurricanes, hail, etc)
- Lightweight materials are required.
- Slope must be added to provide positive drainage
- It is desirable to keep existing roof covering