NEW at Aesthetic Boutique Medspa – Celluma (LED) Light Therapy
Light Emitting Diode (LED) phototherapy is the application of light energy to tissue to obtain therapeutic benefits. The energy is used to improve cellular performance. Phototherapy is known for its healing and anti-inflammatory properties and has a variety of applications across many medical fields. Research has shown that phototherapy can: increase circulation, accelerate tissue repair, decrease wrinkles, decrease inflammation, improve skin tone, texture and clarity, ease muscle and joint pain, stiffness, spasm and arthritis and kill acne bacteria, and much more.
How Does Light Energy work?
Specific wavelengths of light energy, when properly absorbed, up-regulates compromised cells. The light (photons) energy is absorbed by photoacceptors in the mitochondria and used to create adenosine triphosphate (ATP). The ATP produced then stimulates various metabolic processes which can result in the repair and regeneration of cell and tissue components. In an article, “Therapeutic Light” – by Chukuku S. Enwemeka, PT, PhD, FACSM, he wrote “other reported mechanisms of light-induced beneficial effects include modulation of prostaglandin levels, alteration of somatosensory evoked potential and nerve conduction velocity, and hyperemia of treated tissues. The resultant clinical benefits include pain relief in conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, bursitis, tendonitis, ankle sprain, and temporomandibular joint dysfunction, shoulder and neck pain, arthritis, and post-herpetic neuralgia, as well as tissue repair in cases of diabetic ulcer, venous ulcer, mouth ulcer, fractures, tendon rupture, ligamentous, tear, torn cartilage, and nerve injury.”
What is Celluma?
Celluma is unique and quite unlike any other low-level light therapy device available today. Based on NASA research, Celluma delivers blue, red and near-infrared light energy simultaneously to safely treat a wide variety of conditions. Each wavelength is absorbed by different molecules that act as a signaling mechanism for different cellular processes. For example, some reduce inflammation and some kill bacteria, while others enhance localized circulation.
Ask Us How Celluma May Benefit You & Your Family
Acne – Instructions
For optimal results, it is important to use the Celluma on a regular basis. During your rental period, an ideal acne protocol is 3 times a week, unless directed otherwise by your physician. Please record your usage on the Celluma Compliance Log provided. For best results follow these tips and recommendations:
- Phototherapy is very safe. If you wish, you may use Celluma every day.
- The more often Celluma is used, the faster you may see results.
- Important: Place Celluma as close as possible to the area being treated – the closer the better.
- Use Celluma over clean, dry, bare skin only.
- Remove any sunblock, make-up, lotions, moisturizers, or clothing which may act as a barrier.
- Use Celluma on the Acne program for the full 30 minutes.
- Celluma will automatically switch off at the end of the 30 minutes.
- Celluma can be used on different areas of the body in the same day.
- When treating the face, try to raise the head so the face is as close as possible to the Celluma.
- Use the safety goggles provided.
- To treat the face:
- Place head on small pillow or folded towel. Wrap Celluma around head and tuck ends under pillow or towel.
- Tent over face. This position works better if the head is resting on a pillow or folder towel which raises the face closer to the lights.