What is Juvederm?
JUVÉDERM® Injectable Gel is a smooth gel filler that is placed under your skin to instantly smooth those smile lines on the sides of your nose and mouth.
Questions? Click here to give us a call
Before & After
Important Safety Information & Approved Uses
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over 21. JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC injectable gel is for injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds) in adults over 21. JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel is for injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds). JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC is for injection into the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation in adults over the age of 21. JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC injectable gel is for injection into the lips for lip augmentation and for correction of perioral lines in adults over the age of 21.
Are there any reasons why I should not receive any JUVÉDERM® injectable gel formulation?
Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the Gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in patients under 35 years or over 65 years, the safety of JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gels in patients under 18 years, and the safety of JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC in patients under 22 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in areas other than the cheek area, JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC for areas other than facial wrinkles and folds, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC in areas other than the lips and perioral area have not been established in clinical studies
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with this product may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment
What are possible side effects?
The most commonly reported side effects with JUVÉDERM® injectable gels included injection-site redness, swelling, pain, tenderness, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, discoloration, and itching. For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, dryness was also reported. For JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, most side effects were moderate and lasted 2 to 4 weeks. For JUVÉDERM® XC, JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gels, most side effects were mild or moderate and lasted 14 days or less. For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, most side effects were mild or moderate and lasted 30 days or less.
One of the risks with using these products is unintentional injection into a blood vessel, and while rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
To report a side effect with any JUVÉDERM® product, please call Allergan at 1-800-433-8871. Please visit Juvederm.com or talk to your doctor for more information.
Available by prescription only.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is JUVÉDERM®?
JUVÉDERM® is the #1 selling collection of hyaluronic acid fillers in the US. Each product in the JUVÉDERM® collection of fillers adds volume to a different area of the face - without surgery. All JUVÉDERM® fillers are a smooth, crystal-clear gel that are administered by injection in your aesthetic healthcare provider's office.
Where is JUVÉDERM® used?
Different formulations are approved to either lift cheeks, smooth parentheses lines, smooth vertical lip lines or plump the lips. The results are subtle and long lasting.
JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC softens moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles by adding subtle volume around the nose and mouth in adults over the age of 21.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC adds volume to the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over 21.
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC adds subtle volume to lips and softens the appearance of vertical lip lines.
JUVÉDERM® XC smooths moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth.
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC adds fullness and plumps lips as well as soothes and corrects moderate to severe parentheses lines in adults.
What is treatment experience like?
Your aesthetic healthcare provider will take your medical history and provide a facial analysis. Be prepared to discuss your aesthetic areas of concern. This is not a surgical treatment. Actual treatment with JUVÉDERM® injectable gels can take 15 minutes to 60 minutes, depending on which area of your face is being treated.
Does it hurt?
JUVÉDERM® injectable gels labeled with "XC" contain pain-reducing lidocaine to help manage pain or discomfort during the injection. You may also ask your aesthetic healthcare provider about a topical numbing cream or ice to help further minimize discomfort.
How can I save on treatments?
Enroll in the Brilliant Distinctions® Rewards Program to save money on treatments with the JUVÉDERM® Collection. You earn points on each JUVÉDERM® treatment that you can redeem for savings on future treatments. You can also earn and redeem points on other selected treatments that your specialist may determine are right for you.
In addition, you can also earn points when you shop online at your favorite retailers participating in the Brilliant Distinctions® Mall. As a member you will receive treatment reminders and information about your points balance.
What is hyaluronic acid?
The JUVÉDERM® collection of fillers is made fom hyaluronic acid (HA). HA is a natural substance in the skin that delivers nutrients, helps the skin retain moisture and softness, and adds volume. Each product in the JUVÉDERM® collection of fillers is made from a modified form of HA.
When will I see results?
You will see results immediately/instantly.
How long do results last?
Results may last one year to two years, with optimal correction and depending on the formula used. Please see each product below to see how long results last with each formula, based on what was observed in clinical studies.
Are there any reasons I shouldn’t receive JUVÉDERM® injectable gel fillers?
Do not receive JUVÉDERM® injectable gel fillers if you have a history of severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the proteins (Gram-positive bacterial proteins) used to make hyaluronic acid (HA) in JUVÉDERM® injectable gel fillers.